The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), genetics, religion, age or disability in employment or the provisions of services and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
Hiring Salary Range: $6,500 - $8,500/month; depending on experience.
The ND Department of Trust Lands offers an excellent benefit package, including a fully paid family health insurance plan, flexible spending accounts, paid vacation and sick leave, retirement plan, 457 deferred compensation plan, and voluntary insurance benefits including dental, vision, and life insurance.
The ND Department of Trust Lands is charged with managing the permanent educational trust funds and assets under the Board of University and School Lands control. The Director of Minerals Management plays an integral role in managing the Minerals Division within the ND Department of Trust Lands. The position oversees all management aspects of minerals owned by the State and State Trusts.
Summary of Work
• Manage mineral estate owned and managed by the Board including mineral title analysis, asserting ownership, repairing titles, preparing and recommending approval or denial of lease extension requests to the Commissioner, and providing the Department and the Board with the necessary information and recommendations as it pertains to sovereign mineral management.
• Manage lease ownership and assignments including monitoring and maintaining leases of state resources and completing necessary processes for coal leasing.
• Supervise Minerals Division staff including hiring, evaluating and managing performance, assigning workloads, and ensuring Division is in compliance with all required laws and policies.
• Work with the Commissioner and the Office of the Attorney General staff on litigation, legislation, and policies related to management of trust minerals.
• Work with IT and surface team on database systems and programs to ensure an effective and efficient Land Management IT system.
• Review and approve lease expirations, assignments, and corrections.
• Maintain knowledge of regulatory and business climate surrounding oil and gas development.
•Participate in the legislative process and prepare and present testimony.
•Respond to constituent inquiries to a professional manner.
•Additional duties as assigned.
•Bachelor’s degree in business administration, petroleum land management, political science, public affairs, or closely related field; and
•5+ years of minerals management work experience that involved leasing of mineral rights, transferring of minerals ownership rights, and mineral/land management practices and included supervision of staff.
•Highly proficient in utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and database management software.
•Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with ability to interact with the Board, legislative members, and the public.
•Strong leadership, time management, and organizational skills.
•Strong quantitative/analytical aptitude and problem-solving skills.
•Certification as a Registered Professional Landman or Certified Professional Landman
Application Procedures All applications for open Department of Trust Lands positions must be made via the Careers site www.nd.gov/careers. Paper submissions will not be accepted. Application materials must be received by 11:59 PM on the posted closing date. Incomplete applications will not be considered. All potential applicants must upload the following:
•Three work-related references
•College transcripts (Copies or unofficial version are acceptable)
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. The Department of Trust Lands does not provide sponsorships. Due to access to restricted information, the successful candidate will be required to complete a satisfactory criminal background check.
For assistance in the application or interview process, contact Hope Wedul, at 701-328-3357.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with the Application Process or uploading attachments, please contact email@example.com or (701)328-3290.